Sunday, 2 March 2008

Peregrine Falcons - Derby Cathedral

The project to help the Peregrines has been organised by Derbyshire Wildlife Trust, Derby Cathedral and Derby City Council's Museum Service.
There's a live webcam on Derby Cathedral so you can watch the chicks grow up when they are born and then if you're lucky watch them fledge.

http://195.224.106.202/peregrine/webcam.htm

Last year I went a few times to Derby to have a look at the Peregrines (I had never seen them before). The first time I went I saw the parents, and the 2 young they raised in the ready built nest. The second time I went one of the young had fledged, yet only to the front of the Cathedral yet was quite close, the other stayed at the nest site. I did get some reasonably good pictures, not fantastic pictures I admit.

This picture was of the juvenile at the front of the Cathedral.


Here is the other juvenile which is still at the nest site.

2 comments:

Nick Patel said...

Nice Peregrine pics, especially the first one, it's a good close up.

Anna Simpson said...

Cheers! :)