Tuesday 24 June 2008

Conwy RSPB

It has taken me so long to sort of my photos especially the ones from Norfolk, that's why these photos are being posted a little late, yet I am on top of it now, due to me having a lot more free time to sort them out.

At the beginning of the month I went on a trip to Conwy RSPB reserve in North Wales, with other bird watchers. It was a trip organised by a bird club near me. It was a fantastic day trip, I really enjoyed it. I met loads of really nice people, who I could share my interests, and observations with. A friend of mine from my local bird club went, which was really nice, because he is mad about bird watching. Going on the trip meant a really early start to the day, I had to be up at 5.30 to be at the pickup point for 6.15, very early, but was fantastic to watch and listen to the wildlife at an early time of the day.

A lot of good species seen, including, Dunlin, Curlew, Oystercatchers, Honey Buzzard (another 1st for me, sadly I didn't take any photographs because it was to far away, and also there was sun glare, so it wouldn't have been good anyway), Reed Warblers, and Wheatear.

Wheatear:





Bee Orchid:



Curlew:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg r the pictures urs? They're r incredible (ahh i cnat spell!)