Sunday 23 March 2008

Animal cruelty

I've just been looking and posting on Bird Forum, and I came across a post named as "Badger shot dead", so I checked it out, it led me to an article on the Leicestershire Mercury website. Where I was horrified to see the title: "BADGER IS SHOT DEAD IN 'APPALLING' GUN ATTACK " I managed to read the first couple of paragraphs, before not being able to read anymore, it made me feel that sick, and upset I just couldn't read anymore. I don't think any article has upset me as much as this has, I had tears in my eyes.

I don't know what I'd do if I ever met the person who did this.


I don't know how anyone could such a thing, to such an innocent animal. WHY DO IT?


How can anyone hurt this animal?:

(This isn't my photograph by the way)


Click the picture to read the article.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna, I have no shame to tell you that it also brought tears to my eyes, being a very sensitive person, it really upset me & I too could not complete reading the artical. As I stated on Birdforum, the morons, if caught should be put on an island far from any life at all, that's how I feel, it just sickens me.

ROD a great admirer of all wildlife.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

That's so terrible. I just don't understand some people at all.

Anonymous said...

It's only a very small minority of humans who behave in this way, and it's only another very small minority who care. The vast majority of people just couldn't care less, and they are the ones we need to educate. Maybe something as terrible as this will open a few eyes and lead to action.

Thanks for signing my guestbook. It really is a beautiful world out there. Keep your chin up. Ken

Anonymous said...

I fail to understand the small, halfwitted, section of society who do this sort of thing - they have to be very deficient in the IQ department. I just hope that they get caught and the full weight of the law is applied to them. However, I do not think the law goes far enough in animal cruelty cases. The prison sentences are far too lenient and the fines are paltry (so what if someone can't pay. Seize their assets, in that case.).

Nick Patel said...

After reading that i don't really know what to say, but they musn't have had a heart or a head!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna, glad to see you've mentioned this here aswell. It's a real wake up call when this sort of thing happens on your own doorstep.