Sunday 9 March 2008

Awful weather conditions

Yesterday afternoon, I went to my local bird club for a couple of hours, the weather was awful, but if you're interested in the environment, you have to brave these weather conditions. I saw a lot of interesting birds.
Here's what I saw:
  • 6 Teal
  • 4 Coots
  • 5 Moorhen
  • 4 Chaffinch
  • 25+ Lapwings
  • 4 Tufted Ducks
  • 50+ Black Headed Gulls
  • 3 Common Snipe
  • 1 Long Tailed Tit
  • 2 House Sparrows
  • 4+ Great Tits
  • 5+ Blue Tits
  • 1 Wren

2 comments:

Nick Patel said...

Thanks for the comment on my Blog Anna. I did see some great Birds yesterday, including the Chough which has been one of my top target Birds for ages.

If you look again now, there should be some pictures you might not have seen before, so you can see just how good the Chough looked.

Nick.

Andy said...

Hi Anna
enjoyed looking at your blog this morning-found it from a link on the Ogston newsletter.Its inspired me to go out and get some new photos for my blog http://spiderlick.blogspot.com/ which unfortunately i have neglected for too long.
The blog that tempted me to get started was Bogbumper http://bogbumper.blogspot.com/

Andy