Saturday 22 March 2008

Best bird watching day for years - Part 2

I did go to Carsington, but first of all I went to Cromford, to have a look at the Hawfinch which have been seen at the church yard, yet I didn't see them. I did see some lovely looking daffodils though, so I spent about 5 minutes lying on the ground in mud, trying to get the right shot, I did get covered in mud, but it was worth it.




Carsington was great, I saw some great birds there as well, including a flock of Barnacle Geese which was nice. The snow was an extra bonus, I love being out in the snow, it's great.
Here are some of the birds I saw today at Carsington Waters:

Goldeneye:

Little Grebe:

So an amazing day, it's the best bird watching day I've had for years that's for sure, I think seeing the Waxwing this morning though was the highlight of my day.

2 comments:

Miss Ellis said...

Great daffodil pictures! Looks like you were lucky with the weather as well... every time I went outside it started hailing or sleeting!

Anna Simpson said...

You just have to brave it. I hate being stuck indoors, I can't cope with it, thats why yesterday I just went for it. It was very cold though, I could hardly feel my hands when I got in the car to come home. But it was worth it.

Happy Easter by the way! :)